3 oz. lump crab meat or imitation crab.
1 tsp.Finely dice maui onions
1 egg white
1 tsp. Sesame oil
2 Tbsp. Mayonaise
1 tsp. Finely dice red pepper
1 package wonton wraps
cornstarch slurrry (Cornstarch diluted with water)
* Mix all 8 ingredients in a bowl, add salt & pepper to taste.
take 1 piece of wonton & place crab mixture in the middle,
slurry the ends & fold.you should end up with a triangel shape, deep fry @350' till golden brown.
Chi Chi Dango (japanese)
1 box Mochiko flour
3 cups sugar (May use sugar substitute;follow portion exchange on the box)
1 can coconut milk
2 cups water
Food coloring (desired color)
1) Mix four ingredients until smooth, add food color till desired color, usually lite pink.
2) Pour into greased 9x13 pan.Baked covered for one hour,
when done let cool covered for five minutes, then remove cover & cool thoroughly.
3) With a plastic knife cut mochi into 1 1/2 strips,
then roll into cornstarch & layer onto wax paper.
"Saying goes; eating mochi on new years brings good luck"
Me, I eat it because it taste good!
Ruby's Awesome Chocolate Pancakes!
This recipe is quick & easy; great for that family whose always on the go!
Use Your favorite pancake recipe.
1) Cook pancake till golden brown on one side, add desired amount of chocolate chips & then flip pancake over.
"Add crispy bacon or portugese sausage; you got yourself a quick & delicious breakfast"
1 quart Heavy cream
1/2 vanilla bean (or 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract)
3/4 cup sugar
sugar (garnishing the top)
3 Whole eggs
2 Egg yolks
1) Heat cream with vanilla.
2) With a whip, combine sugar & eggs
3) when cream is almost to a boil,pour 1/3 of it into egg mixture.Mix well, then add tempered eggs to rest of the cream, strian & fill into muffin pan.
4) Place muffin pan into a water bath & bake for one hour at 350'.
5) remove from the oven & cool, place in frige till needed,
then lightly sprinkle the top with sugar,then brown under the broiler, on low setting.Careful not to burn it.
"This is a versitle desert, you can experiment & add different flavors"
5) remove from oven & let cool.
Low fat "smashed" potatoes:
2 1/2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (skin on & quarted)
1/4 cup Nonfat sour cream
1 tsp Chopped chives
1/2 cup low fat/low sodium chicken broth
pinch of nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste
1) Boil potatoes in salted water till tender, about 20-30 min. Strain in a colender.
2) In a sauce pan heat up chicken broth,set aside.
3) Using a bowl, add Potatoes. Smash potatoes then add sour cream & chives, add also heated chicken broth.
Adjust with salt & pepper to desired taste.
"Another versitle dish,adding different ingredients such as roasted garlic,horseradish,cheddar cheese & much more.Use your creativity"